Images of Coats of Arms


This website page shows images of various Coats of Arms taken from a range of sources.
The Coat of Arms of {Z61} James Touchet, 17th Baron Lord Audley of Heleigh Castle, in the County of Stafford, Earl of Castlehaven and 7th Baron Audley of Orier in Ireland. He held these titles between 1740 and 1769. The motto ‘Je Le Tiens’ translates to ‘I hold it’.
The above coat of Arms is taken from ‘Baronagium Genealogicum’ or ‘the pedigrees of the English Peers deduced from earliest times…..including as well collateral as lineal descent’ Originally compiled by Sir W Segar and continued to ‘present times’ by J Edmundson with additions by F Hargrave. Published in 6 volumes between 1764 & 1784.
The Coat of Arms of {Z49} Bishop Edmund Audley DTh (1430 – 1524) as a ceiling boss in the Audley Chantry at  Salisbury Cathedral The Coat of Arms of {Z49} Bishop Edmund Audley DTh (1430 – 1524) combined with that of the See of Salisbury on the modern altar cloth at Salisbury Cathedral.
The Coat of Arms of 23rd ‘Baron Audley of Heleigh’ Thomas Percy Henry Touchet Tuchet-Jesson (1913 – 1963) The Coat of Arms of {Z38} John Awdeley (left portion) marshalled with that of his first wife (right portion) Isabella Mylberry the illegitimate daughter of King Edward IV. This information has been taken from ‘Heraldry’ written by Henry Bedingfield, Rouge Croix Persuivant and Peter Gwynn-Jones Lancaster Herald
The Coat of Arms of {Z142} Thomas, Lord Audley, 1st (& last) Baron Audley of Walden KG, PC,KS. This coat of arms is in the roof of the Audley Chapel at Berechurch, near Colchester in Essex. The Garter plate in St George’s Chapel Windsor of {Z142} Thomas, Lord Audley, 1st (& Last) Baron Audley of Walden KG, PC KS.
Whilst the coat of Arms of Thomas, Lord Audley, 1st (&last) Baron Audley of Walden is very different from the other Audley coat of arms shown on this page, it should be noted that the emblem in the centre of the shield is a fret.
Enlargement of ‘Audley’ Coat of Arms in the lower middle section of the stained glass window.
The east window (original circa 1325) in the church at Weston-under- Lizeard, Staffordshire has the arms of Sir John de Weston and his first wife and his mother, probably Joan daughter of James de Audley; this shield being ‘Gules fretty or’ (ref Staff. Cols, New S, Vol II, p 43)
The above information has been taken from ‘The Parentage of James de Audley K.G.’  taken from Staff Cols, New S, Vol  IX, p 245 – 268.
Seal of {Z27} James Audley, Knight of the Garter attached to an original instrument in the Royal Library  at Paris.
This image has been taken from Appendix IX of ‘Memorials of the Order of the Garter From its Foundation to the Present Time with Biographical Notices of the Knights in the Reigns of Edward III and Richard II’ by George Frederick Beltz K.H., Lancester Herald and published in 1841.