Audley Places in Essex

 

 In Essex there is the following place associated with the Audley surname;

Audley Chapel, Berechurch, near Colchester
Audley End House
Audley End Village, near Saffron Walden
Audley End near Gestingthorpe Sudbury.
Thomas, Lord Audley School, Monkwick Avenue, Colchester, Essex C02 8NJ

Audley Chapel, Berechurch, near Colchester
The Chapel from the outside
The chapel roof
17th century monument to Sir Henry Audley and his wife
The roof of Audley Chapel The coat of Arms of {Z412} Thomas Lord Audley 1st (and Last) Baron Audley of Walden
Audley End House
The website Creator at Audley End House(see also webpage ‘Places called Audley End’) An 18th century print of Audley End
Audley End Village, near Saffron Walden
 Audley End Village, near Saffron Walden Essex.

(see also webpage ‘Places called Audley End’)

Audley End near Gestingthorpe Sudbury
Rectory Farm Audley End, Gestingthorpe, Near Sudbury Essex.

(see also webpage ‘Places called Audley End’)

Thomas, Lord Audley School, Monkwick Avenue, Colchester, Essex C02 8NJ
Originally Monkwick Secondary Modern School, which opened in 1958, when classes from Wilson Marriage school moved to Greyfriars, East Hill. It moved in 1960 to new buildings in Monkwick Avenue, which were enlarged in 1974 and in 1979. In 1975 it became a comprehensive school and was renamed Thomas Lord Audley School. It is named after Thomas Audley, 1st Baron Audley of Walden, (1488-1544) who was Town clerk of Colchester; later he was Speaker of the House of Commons and Lord Chancellor to King Henry VIII of England. He built the first house at Audley End