Audley Places in Essex

In Essex there is the following place associated with the Audley surname;

Audley Chapel, Berechurch, near ColchesterAudley End House

Audley End Village, near Saffron Walden

Audley End near Gestingthorpe Sudbury.

Thomas, Lord Audley School, Monkwick Avenue, Colchester, Essex C02 8NJ

Audley Chapel, Berechurch, near Colchester
 The Chapel from the outside
 
 The chapel roof
 
  17th century monument to Sir Henry Audley and his wife
 The roof of Audley Chapel  The coat of Arms of {Z412} Thomas Lord Audley 1st (and Last) Baron Audley of Walden
  Audley End House
 Audley End, Essex, England. (OS Map reference TL 525 375) The website Creator at Audley End House Essex in October 2004
 The website Creator at Audley End House (see also webpage ‘Places called Audley End’)  An 18th century print of Audley End
 Audley End Village, near Saffron Walden

Audley End Village, near Saffron Walden Essex.

(see also webpage ‘Places called Audley End’)

Audley End, Essex, England. (OS Map reference TL 525 375) Audley End Village Essex
Audley End, Essex, England. (OS Map reference TL 525 375) Audley End Village Essex
Audley End near Gestingthorpe Sudbury

Audley End, Essex, England. (OS Map reference TL 815 375) Rectory Farm Audley End Essex
Audley End, Essex, England. (OS Map reference TL 815 375) Rectory Farm Audley End Essex
Rectory Farm Audley End, Gestingthorpe, Near Sudbury Essex.

(see also webpage ‘Places called Audley End’)

   Thomas, Lord Audley School, Monkwick Avenue, Colchester, Essex C02 8NJ
Originally Monkwick Secondary Modern School, which opened in 1958, when classes from Wilson Marriage school moved to Greyfriars, East Hill. It moved in 1960 to new buildings in Monkwick Avenue, which were enlarged in 1974 and in 1979. In 1975 it became a comprehensive school and was renamed Thomas Lord Audley School. It is named after Thomas Audley, 1st Baron Audley of Walden, (1488-1544) who was Town clerk of Colchester; later he was Speaker of the House of Commons and Lord Chancellor to King Henry VIII of England. He built the first house at Audley End